Thursday, February 25, 2010

last week....some of last week... a little

no warm up
following, watching, thinking about what might happen here for the first 'Groups:Meetings' session.

I am hooking into the music as a way of beginning, really allowing myself to be influenced by it. Now, I am a little more skilled at using my memory of previous improvisations in order to allow movement to re-emerge and re-configure it for new music. How do you allow yourself to change? Do you change?

Where does all the repetition come from?

Everything seems to hark back to a place of Giaconto Scelsi- listening to and working with this in the studio in March 2009.

And now, I become obsessed with my ipod. Deafening myself with Keith Richards, closing off the world and creating another world.

It's the first 'Groups:Meetings' session in two days. What will I do? Everything is available to be viewed- even the messy bits that I would usually choose not to show- to keep unrevealed.

How do people read you; your work; and all that in relation to your history.

I could find something else and show that

Why do I want others involved?

Maybe it will prevent me from making the same decisions. Make it messy. Mess up the process. Invite people to see the process, however boring.

I ask a lot of others....why should they care about a working process.

No comments:

Post a Comment